The jumpsuit is a trend that never really fades. It’s been around as long as we can remember and the end of the jumpsuit trend won’t happen any time soon. In fact, we foresee a sudden boom in this fashion piece.
We’ve been spotting a lot of celebrities sporting the jumpsuit look on and off the red carpet. And to ensure that you too will pull off the jumpsuit look perfectly, we came up with this guide to steer you in the right direction.
1. Do stay away from wide-legged jumpsuits if you have a short stature
Sarah Jessica Parker and other celebrities attend the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ in New York City on April 13, 2015
Sarah Jessica Parker looked a bit stunted in these photos because her jumpsuit engulfed her. Try with tapered pants for a leaner, longer look if you are on the petite side.
2. Do cinch your jumpsuit at the waist with a belt
Kristina Bazan and other celebrities seen at Coachella day three weekend one in California on April 13, 2015
Like model and blogger Kristina Bazan, it can make a monochromatic jumpsuit look more interesting.
3. Do tailor-fit your jumpsuit to emphasize your form
Scarlett Johansson at the 2015 MTV Movie Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in California on April 12, 2015
A lot of people think loose and baggy jumpsuits are more fashionable but this shape isn’t for everyone. Try Scarlett Johansson’s look and opt for something more tailor-fitted. This will lengthen your silhouette and emphasize your curves.
4. Don’t be afraid to try quirkier jumpsuits
Willow Shields at the Nickelodeon’s 28th Annual Kids’ Choice Awards in California on March 28, 2015
A printed piece with wrap and cut out detailing just like the one Willow Shields wore here is a fun addition to your wardrobe. Jumpsuits can get a tad boring so it’s nice to pick elaborate ones for a change. Also accessorize with fun colors.
5. Don’t overaccessorize
Kate Hudson at the Michael Kors launches new Miranda Eyewear Collection in Soho, New York City in February 18, 2015
The jumpsuit can easily look overdone if you pile on too many accessories. Opt for a clean and effortless look like Kate Hudson’s all-black ensemble here. Her lip color and glossy hair popped out amidst the black.
6. Do try layering a sleek jacket over it
Tulisa Contostavlos arriving at the BBC Radio 1 studios in London on January 6, 2015
If you are wearing a solid-colored jumpsuit, a printed jacket will heighten the style meter. But if you have a printed jumpsuit like Tulisa Contostavlos’, try adding a simple jacket to tie the look together.
7. Do wear heels
Cara Santana strolls along Beverly Hills, California on February 3, 2015
The heels add more length to your silhouette, which will help you avoid looking short in your jumpsuit.
Are you ready to try the jumpsuit look? Here are some pieces you might want to get:
1. Darwin Jayce Pinpoint Oxford Jumpsuit, $278.00 at Shopbop
2. Rebecca Taylor Ditsy Tulip Jumpsuit, $425.00 at Shopbop
3. Black Halo Jackie Jumpsuit, $390.00 at Shopbop
4. Saylor Sara Jumpsuit, $176.00 at Shopbop
5. Rebecca Taylor Cutout Jumpsuit, $395.00 at Shopbop
6. Nightcap Clothing Dixie Lace Jumpsuit, $396.00 at Shopbop
7. Keepsake Skinny Love Jumpsuit, $77.00 at Shopbop
8. Clover Canyon Floral Collage Jumpsuit, $130.40 at Shopbop
Credit: Kyle Blair/WENN/WENNCHELLA/Apega/Brian To/FayesVision/Alberto Reyes/Mario Mitsis