We spotted Heidi Klum arriving at LAX airport the other day and we had to ask ourselves, “is that a pajama top she’s wearing?” It’s 100% silk, nearly 500 dollars, and dry-clean-only, but yes, her Olatz piped shirt is unmistakably still a pajama top.
But unlike other celebs who dared to wear nightwear as day wear (see Rihanna heading to a meeting a pink nightie and Kim Kardashian doing an interview in a robe, corset, and satin pajama pants), Heidi’s take on the reverse trend is actually wearable and easy to copy. We don’t need a dancer’s body like RiRi’s to pull off the relaxed, unbuttoned-at-the-top, and rolled-up-at-the-sleeves look. And the other pieces like the Genetic Denim “Leaf” fit-and-flare jeans, classic Hermes Birkin tote, and platform sandals don’t require the expertise of a battalion of stylists like Kim Kardashian’s.
Heidi Klum arriving at LAX Airport in Los Angeles, California, on August 15, 2014
With simple styling and a few wardrobe essentials, Heidi just made the pajama shirt acceptable to wear out of the house. Don’t forget that sweatpants are now chic enough to wear to the airport, too. We wonder what for-indoors-only article clothing is going to break out next?
Heidi Klum’s pajama top look is already very easy to steal, but we’ve made it even easier with these style-a-like pieces at easier-on-the-pocket prices:
1. AG Adriano Goldschmied “Belle” Flare Jeans in Mariner, $53.40 (before: $178)
2. Outlook Eyewear “In Stitches” Aviator Sunglasses, $38
3. Piamita “Isabella” Shirt, $179.99 (before: $276)
4. ASOS “Hinton” Buckled Platform Sandals, $48.37 (before: $96.74)
5. Nordstrom Endless Oversized Hoop Earrings, $24
6. LuLu*s “Switch It Up” Reversible Vegan Leather Tote, $59